We currently offer three curricula: the standard curriculum
, an online curriculum
, and a curriculum for those in the military
. All three lead to our Bachelor of Science degree and open doors of opportunity with the key of higher education.
General Education Core (40 credit hours)
Computer Science Supplement (upper level) (3 credit hours)
INT Core (24 credit hours)
- ♦ INT 308 - Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies
- ♦ INT 322 - Approaches to Critical Analysis
- ♦ INT 360 - Research Method in Interdisciplinary Studies
- ♦ INT 375 - Language and Society
- ♦ INT 411 - Ideas and their Influences
- ♦ INT 412 - Contemporary Globalization
- ♦ INT 470 - Senior Seminar
- ♦ INT 477 - Senior Thesis
Two Concentration Areas
- ♦ To be selected by the student and advisor
Electives (23 credit hours)
- ♦ At the discretion of the student and advisor
Total: 120 credit hours, the university minimum credit hour requirement for graduation
(Students also are to complete and pass the Writing Exam and UNI 101--exceptions may apply.)
Course Availability and Delivery
- ♦ All of the INT courses are offered online (web-based) and in a face-to-face delivery mode in the fall and spring semesters.
- ♦ Additionally, the first five courses (INT 308, INT 322, INT 360, INT 375 and INT 411) are offered online during the first summer session.
- ♦ INT courses are offered during the day and evenings, according to student demand.
- ♦ INT courses are also offered at the Norfolk Naval Base and at the Virginia Beach Higher Education Center in the evenings.
Check out the current offerings listed in the NSU catalog here.